Saturday, February 25, 2006

Deep Creek


A Centennial Trail bridge crosses Deep Creek.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses


A large stone trapped in the roots of a fallen tree.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses

My sister Michelle suggested we visit Deep Creek to take pictures for our blogs, so we took off in her car, heading north past Seven Mile Road. At first I thought she was going the wrong way. "Isn't Deep Creek in Airway Heights?" I asked, but as we arrived, the signs indicated we arrived at the correct location. After a few minutes hike, we ran into a couple of guys who said this is indeed the same Deep Creek. We were both right.

There was no water in the creek; apprently it all gets diverted for farming further upstream. Even so, the scenery was amazing. The water cut deep channels through the basalt and left towering rock formations, caves, and natural tunnels. I never knew such a place existed in the Spokane area. I really want to go back on a sunny day and bring my little family.

We got a few pictures, but the sky was overcast and didn't lend itself to effective photography.

No comments: