Sunday, February 05, 2006

Old Friends Meet in Guatemala


Adam Wiltse with his parents in 2004.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses

As many of you know, I once served a mission for the LDS Church in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala. My religious affiliations changed, but I still hold many fond memories of friendships and experiences from that time in my life.

About a year and a half ago, Adam Wiltse (Rhonda is best friends with Adam's mom Madonna) received his mission call to the Guatemala City Central Mission. Of course, I was very excited to know he was going to the same country. His mission call inspired me to gather all my pictures and create an album. We had Adam and his parents over for dinner and told stories about Guatemala.

Since then, I received a couple of letters from Adam, and then I got word a couple days ago that Adam is now serving in the same ward where Juan Carlos Samayoa currently serves as bishop. Samayoa was my first greeny. I always had a lot of respect for him because of his dedication to what he believed. We only worked together for about a month, but we became fast friends for the rest of the mission. How interesting for them to meet, especially after not seeing Samayoa for over 12 years. I wonder what they'll say about me. I'm sure it's all good!


Juan Carlos Samayoa
(Photograph from Noti Xela, 1992)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my name is devin Everett and I was Adams second companion in the mission and he was a very dedicated missionary and I loved working with him