Monday, December 12, 2005

Insomnia

Insomnia happens; far too often for me.

Some people fall asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow. Not me. In fact, I'm quite the opposite. I can feel very tired for hours, but as soon as I lay down to sleep, my brain turns on. It's a curse, really.

At about 6:30 a.m. I thought I might finally fall asleep, but then my sister got me up to take her to work. Her car froze over night and would not start. As I drove her to work, I noticed the temperature on various reader boards across town: 12 degrees.

I tried to make something positive out of my early morning insomnia and took pictures at a local park on the way home. I actually got some really nice pictures, but it was so damn cold I thought my fingers would freeze, even through my gloves.

I give up; I gotta get some sleep. Good night, or good morning, rather.

No comments: