Monday, December 26, 2005

Return of the Sons

Two of my former foster sons returned this Christmas season to visit our family. Anthony turned 18 last summer and visited many times since then. This was the first Christmas I got to spend with him in three years, which was a tremendous blessing.

Kenny arrived on our doorstep early this morning, the day after Christmas. He gave me a choker he made himself and watched old family home movies with us. He talked about missing us and his brothers, and even wanted to visit the church again. At one point during the video, we were watching a scene of Derrick and Dakota throwing leaves into the air and Kenny started crying. I feel so sad for him and wish I could help him more.

He left as mysteriously as he arrived, returning to the streets without any forwarding address or known location. He only said he plans to visit again soon.

No comments: