Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Soul Dance

Several years ago, my wife and I learned a meditative practice called "Soul Dance." It's difficult to explain without experiencing it directly. The participant makes a spiritual "intention" and then dances to gain insight. The music and movement allow the participant to experience themselves more clearly than before.

From time to time we continue this practice with a small group of friends, as we did tonight. Only four of us attended, but it was wonderful to dance and gain clarity.

My intention was to heal anger in my life. During the dance I focused on this intention and had an experience somewhat like a waking dream, with pictures or images appearing in my mind's eye. The images seemed to tell a story about healing from all the mental distractions in my life, including anger.

No comments: