Thursday, September 22, 2005

A sample of my work...

Another busy day on the road to the wonderful desert cities Moses Lake and Ephrata. One client stood me up (again), while another waited for me with two cushioned chairs sitting outside her home. We visited in the yard, under the bright September sun and a refreshing breeze. This job has its difficulties, but visits like this sure beat sitting all day in a cubicle in an office somewhere. Another client speaks hardly any English, and I certainly do not speak her language. Needless to say, communication has been extremely difficult, but today I decided to try a new strategy. I wrote down everything I wanted to say on the computer, then plugged it in to an online translation program. I have no idea if it worked, but she seemed to appreciate the gesture. I think she did understand a little better. We'll see if she understood when she keeps her appointments.

No comments: