Monday, February 13, 2006

Changing Fortunes


Faceted Glass Beads from the Czech Republic.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses
Oh what a day we had! My daughter Whitney woke up every hour on the hour last night crying about a killer ear ache. I'm not sure I got any sleep at all. I worried about falling asleep at the wheel during my drive to Colville, so I called in sick. Besides, I needed to take Whitney to the doctor. Before I had even called to make an appointment, Dakota came upstairs coughing up a lung. Ah the joys of parenthood! It turns out both Whitney and Dakota have bronchitis, and Whitney has a severe ear infection. Fortunately they received the treatment they needed and are now sleeping soundly for the first time in days.
I didn't get much of a chance to do anything, but I did buy beads for give-away items at the dance this year. I'm very excited to see the beads sparkling with all my prayers.
My sister and I talked lately about my changing fortunes. What makes bad things happen to people? On the other hand, why have things suddenly gotten better for me? Does it really matter what we pray for? Has it really made a difference for me to take my thoughts and feelings to the lodge? I think it must, and preparing these items to give away makes me feel just how blessed my family has been in the last few months.

No comments: