Monday, February 27, 2006

Close Encounters of the Third Kind


Close Encounters of the Third Kind

My mother-in-law purchased a copy of Close Encounters of the Third Kind for my birthday (upcoming next week). I have to say this was one of my favorite childhood movies. It became engraved on my memory when I saw the little boy carried away by the aliens, and I saw the boy's mother running across a field screaming, "Barry! Baaaarry!" I was just a litte boy myself when I first saw this film, and so the boy sharing my namesake had a deep impact on my psyche. All these years later, I still find myself moved by this scene, and especially the scene of their tearful reunion at the end of the movie.

My children and I watched this movie together for the first time yesterday evening, and they were equally intrigued by the little boy named after their father. So there you have it; this was a total retro experience for me, and another generation of Close Encounter fans for my kids.

No comments: