Saturday, July 23, 2005

Wedding Day

Wedding day at last!

My friends married in a long awaited, and beautiful ceremony. As I mentioned before, it was quite unorthodox, but turned out wonderful! For the blessing, I sang a song I learned from a Canadian Goose during a vision quest at Coyote's Sweat Lodge; the song is about beauty, healing from pain, and eternal love.

I sprinkled water on the couple using two small cedar boughs entwined together in honor of their union.

This is what the couple had to say afterwards:

"A special thank you to Barry Moses who performed the ceremony. You don't know how much it meant to both of us to have you perform our ceremony. You touched our hearts, minds, and our soul with your words and singing. Thank you for being a part of the most powerful day in our life."

In truth, I was the one blessed by the opportunity to serve in such a deeply personal and meaningful way.

No comments: