Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Visit to Provo

As most of you know...I was away most of last week, and so now I"m catching up on old posts...

I spent most of Sunday in Provo with my friend Seth; actually, I think he's like a long lost cousin, or something. Anyway, I got to photograph the Provo Temple in the morning, surrounded by the amazing colors of fall. It was very inspiring. Afterwards, I went to church with Seth on the BYU campus. For anyone who ever attended LDS services on the BYU campus, I'm sure it feels quite natural to witness religious meetings in secular classrooms, but it was a new experience for me. We had sacrament meeting in a science room with steep, theatre style seating. They had a sacrament table and podium set up by the chemicals and the periodic table of elements. Weird...

It was a really neat experience, though. The opening song was "Press Forward Saints," and on the very last line they sing, "Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia." I felt so open and loving from my recent experience at the Great Life that I literally felt light entering my body from the crown of my head as I spoke the word "alleluia." The light rushed throughout my body and felt cleansing to my soul.

No comments: